Do you want to promote your brand in national and international markets and do you need advertising spaces to be used in the digital world? Or do you want to earn income by renting your digital advertising spaces to brands with advantageous offers? It’s time to get to know Google’s popular and recently updated service! Google Ad Manager is a platform that is prepared entirely by considering the user experience and that makes perfect results possible by meeting the right ads with the right people. Through Google Ad Manager, ad publishers can maximize their revenue, bring their impression to a great level, and of course create ad deals with larger brands by improving their user experience rates.
So what is Google Ad Manager, which offers advertising services for all industries and offers thousands of solutions for advertisers? How exactly is this platform used? If you want to discover everything you need to know about Google Ad Manager, you are definitely in the right place. Screpy experts have prepared a very detailed guide for you. If you are ready, let’s start examining!
Try for free to boost your website traffic!
What is the most valuable thing an ad publisher in PPC advertising? Of course the price he can get per ad. It is possible to lease the advertising spaces you have created and grown on the Internet with the best revenues and to make dynamic areas a center of attraction by increasing conversion rates.
Google Ad Manager, which makes it easier to buy and sell ad spaces in the digital world, offers a highly advantageous, flexible, and diverse platform for both advertisers and marketers. Advertisers can market their ad spaces via Google Ad Manager on an auction basis. Brands, on the other hand, can easily find the most suitable advertising spaces for them. Google has gathered all the features and functions in the newly updated Google Ad Manager: DoubleClick for Publishers, and DoubleClick AdExchange features are now in one place.
Functioning as a real ad exchange, Ad Manager basically increases the competition of advertisers for ad spaces and increases the options of ad spaces that advertisers can find. This means a free market and plenty of competition.
While using the Ad Manager service, you will have access to all of the following:
- You can examine complex reports in an understandable way thanks to detailed insights and graphed versions of these insights.
- Infrastructure that enables buying and selling for all existing inventory types. For example, perfect access not only for websites, mobile apps, or games but also for accelerated mobile pages.
- Maximum control over direct deals and ad revenue, with buyers a chance to see sellers directly
- Opportunity to benefit from advertising options without risking brand value thanks to extra security standards
- Increasing revenue option in advertising inventories due to increased competition
It is quite natural for you to ask this question. Because in fact, Google Ad Manager infrastructure has been used by Google since 2008. However, the updates made on the digital advertising line in 2018 resulted in the branding process of the platform.
Today, the Ad Manager works with the auction logic. In this logic, the highest bidder among the advertisers bidding for ad spaces determines the price of this ad space. Actually, this place is like a real marketplace. Thousands of sellers and buyers meet at a single point and buy and sell services.
Google Ad Manager basically works as both an ad server, a sales-side platform (SSP), and a general ad exchange. Generally, Ad Manager provides the following:
- Best options for people who have ad space to earn higher earnings from their ads
- Means to protect the brands of advertisers and to advertise in prestigious areas at competitive prices
So, what are the main features of this platform? Let’s take a closer look.
It is important for everyone to easily manage ad spaces through Google Ad Manager. For this, there is a need for an uncomplicated, extremely simple, understandable, and target-oriented interface. Providing this interface, Google has an extremely user-friendly appearance, from tools that will guide users while navigating the interface, to the control panel where everything can be easily monitored.
Basically you will see the following in this interface:
- Insights about the target audience
- Graphic versions of the determined insights that can be easily examined
- Tools that allow you to style a specific name very easily
- Fields that will allow you to set the general status, name, target audience, and font of your ads
- Additional tools that allow you to manage all of the ad spaces defined in your account in the left bar.
Easy, fast and easy to understand. The advertising world of the future should have been exactly like this, right?
Unlike platforms such as AdSense, Ad Manager allows maximum targeting customizations. You can filter your work as you wish in terms of the people who can see your ads, the types of content you want to publish in your ad space, and the ad forms. In this way, you will find the advertising publishers within your target audience.
Of course, that’s not all. Having a highly advanced infrastructure, Google Ad Manager allows you to do even the following types of filtering: “ Targeting people who use the latest version of Google Ad Manager and also use Firefox ”
Imagine that you can easily target even such small groups.
Incredible, isn’t it?
Let’s take a look at the other filtering options you can create for the ads you will post in your ad spaces:
- Filter by phone, tablet, and TV usage
- Language filtering
- Geolocation filtering
- Internet connection type and mobile operator type filtering
- Operating system filtering
- Filtering which device manufacturers such as Apple, BlackBerry, Ericsson, HTC are used
In addition, it is possible to do some actions for custom targeting as well as basic targeting categories. For example, bandwidth is a frequently used custom targeting tool. Such additional options allow you to gain maximum control over your ad space, bringing you together with higher profile advertisers. To whom you want to appeal to him!
It is possible to work as a team through Google Ad Manager. Working as a team makes it possible to create micro-groups, making it easier to organize specific ad spaces and ad types. Well, who are these “teams”? Let’s put it this way: The users with similar authorization levels and access rights among the users who have Google Ad Manager 360 accounts are called teams. You know what Google Ad Manager is: the paid version of this platform. While working on this version, you can create a team of interested parties for your site and create an interactive stock market space by allowing advertisers to access this team.
Different business lines and different groups can create their own teams through Ad Manager, making it much easier to perform the following operations:
- Monitoring and reviewing reports
- Performing the inspection
- Realization of new advertising agreements
So how do you create a team in Google Ad Manager? First of all, we will have a few notes:
Remember that you must be using Google Ad Manager 360 first.
Do not forget your purpose of teaming: The main purpose of establishing a team is to gather people who want to access the same advertisers or agencies and to create a micro-advertising exchange. For example, if you have a German site, you can create a team of German users and make it easier to operate. Do the following step by step to create a team.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Then click on Admin to access Settings. From here, go to the Access & Authorization tab and finally click on the ‘Teams’ option.
- Take the first step towards creating a team by clicking New Team. This will open the customization page.
- You will have the chance to determine the name and description of the team on the customization page.
- Then you can easily add the users you have determined to the team.
- Finally, determine the basic rules for the team you created. For example, you can change the access level of each member to the settings. It’s that simple.
Anyone who has used Google services before has noticed how important reporting is for optimization and improvements. Google knows this very well. Therefore, you will be using very detailed reporting tools while operating through Ad Manager. These detailed reports will be really useful for you to see your Profit, the sources of this profit, your errors, and the processes that can be optimized.
So, what types of reports can you access?
Here are a few options:
- Ad Speed Reports
- Troubleshoot viewibility reports
- Compare Future Sell-Through Reports and Line Item Forecasts
- Reach Reports
- Future Sell-Through Reports
Advertising fraud problems in the digital environment have been more frequent than ever before. In particular, inappropriate advertisements, advertisements not published despite being paid, advertisements are stolen with malware, and similar problems become serious problems in digital marketing.
At this point, Google Ad Manager protects both brands and website owners who have ad inventory. Ads are edited to respect your brand and your brand reputation is protected. The first advantage of using the Manager is to run only the types of ads you allow on your website.
You have 30 different filtering options in Google Ad Manager to determine the ads to be published in your digital ad inventory. This shows that you are in control of your ad spaces only.
According to the researches, Google became one of the first institutions that managed to prevent domain name frauds and various ad scams by integrating IAB TechLab’s ads.txt standards into its own tools. Of course, Ad Manager offers a real opportunity for brands and website owners, thanks to these software standards. You no longer need to risk your brand for your advertising needs.
Do you know what is the most popular trend in the internet world? Let’s say it right now: Mobile devices.
More than fifty percent of people now prefer their phones or tablets to navigate sites, surf the web, shop online, and more, rather than the big screens. That being the case, it is very important that the ad manager you use supports connected TVs, accelerated mobile pages, mobile games, and mobile apps. After all, if you want to advertise on a mobile game application, you want to advertise on a single platform and not waste time with a new process, right?
We think exactly so! That’s why we think Google Ad Manager is a really advantageous platform. Because it is possible to advertise on many platforms and mobile areas from Youtube to Apple News on the platform. If you have products in these areas, you will also find buyers for your ad spaces in Google Ad Manager. You don’t need any extra advertising platform. A single platform is enough for you to manage your visibility in the digital world.
Let’s give another bonus information: You can use the Dynamic Ad Insertion function through Google Ad Manager. When you use this type of function, you can create six-second bumper ads or attract attention with native ads.
Do you have any control over the revenue you earn from your ad inventory?
When the situation is through auction, it may seem like you have no control. But the situation is actually much different than that. In transactions made through Google Ad Manager, you can access your ad inventory and select the people who can participate in auctions and bid. We mentioned above the filtering options you can use in the name targeting section. This is exactly what allows you to manage your income. By determining the Authorized Buyers, you will be able to arrange your income much more easily when you determine which sector you will address.
Since the Internet has grown stronger with open source technologies, transparency is more important than ever in financial transactions. In fact, Google Ad Manager aims to offer this transparency to users.
In the past, when you browse Google’s advertising services, you could see a feature called “exchange bidding”. We now call it the “open bidding” feature. This feature, which can be used by Google Ad Manager 360 users, is very advantageous in that it minimizes the delays that may occur during the creation of ads on the site. Server-to-server communication is preferred in this process, so the ad loading process goes faster. Of course, efficiency increases, and the conversion rates of the ads are maximized at the end of the job.
Would you like to discover how Ad Manager works technically? Let us explain.
- First of all, you can easily define your ad inventory through the Ad Manager network, easily create your sales campaigns and make your target audience bid for them. It is also possible to easily create reports on your sales rates and productivity.
- To use Ad Manager, you must first define your ad inventory through your account. It can also be named “Ad units”. All areas where brands can publish their advertisements in the digital world will be named “ad units”. At what exact point do you want to show ads on your web page, mobile app, AMP, or mobile games and videos? Google Ad Manager will assign a tag for each of these points. This tag, designated as a code snippet, is used to describe the ad inventory.
- This snippet is then added to your web page to represent the area of your web page where you want to advertise. Here’s what happens: A user enters your web page or opens your app. In this case, the ad tag becomes active and creates a request, and sends it to Ad Manager.
- You can easily create campaigns through Ad Manager. Within these campaigns, orders and line items are usually listed. Your work with each advertiser in your campaign and the work you do is shown with these line items and orders. In this way, users can easily examine your campaigns and have an idea about your ad inventory. Based on these campaigns, the Ad Manager selects and shows the best campaign for your target audience.
- You can examine the interaction processes by using very detailed reporting options through your Ad Manager account. It is possible to examine which inventories are featured for which ads and get information about your total income. Of course, much more data is presented in the reports.
It’s that simple to discover more with Google Ad Manager. Get started right now and discover ways to manage your ad inventory more profitably. Thanks to the advertising agreements you will make through Google Ad Manager, it is possible to earn a high rate of income in a very short time. However, this does not mean that Google Ad Manager alone has an advantage for all advertisers and individuals with all ad inventory. You can decide which ad exchange you prefer according to the structure of your website and other advertising inventories, the audience you want to address, and the customizations you want to make.
Which advertising platform is more suitable for you? From where should individuals who want to earn advertising revenue via a website on the Internet do? We wanted to compare Google Adsense and Google Ad Manager for you. In this way, it will be really easy to find the platform that will provide your best interest. Let’s start.
You can easily create your own ad inventory through Adsense and ensure that the ads associated with your website are published on your website through the ad network. Ad Sense can be a good choice if you want to meet the following needs in the ad management process:
- If you want to make money on your website and don’t have very detailed extra customization requests, Ad Sense can be a good option.
- This is a great option if you want to get ahead as fast as possible while advertising.
- If you want Google to do self-inventory optimization without leaving your work, you are in the right place. Ad Sense earns you passive income by making inventory and target audience optimizations that will enable you to maximize your income.
- Although not as detailed as in Ad Manager, it is possible to export quite comprehensive performance reports via Ad Sense. Thanks to this feature, you can easily compare the services.
When making transactions through Google Ad Manager, you get the chance to access major publishers and international corporate brands. It is possible to get maximum control over the ads you will publish with more than 30 filtering options. In addition, it is possible to use this platform, which works in integration with all of them, to perform transactions on a large number of advertising networks. For example, it is possible to work with Ad Sense, Ad Exchange, and most other third-party networks with Ad Manager integration.
Ad Manager offers an excellent service for people with the following needs:
- If you have a large number of inventory types that you want to add to the digital advertising network, you should definitely choose Ad Manager. For example, mobile apps, mobile games and video games, websites and much more, you can have your ad inventory and market them through Ad Manager.
- Working in integration with all third-party networks, Ad Manager offers maximum competition, which maximizes profits by contributing to the free market economy.
- Google Ad Manager is an extra advanced platform for analysis and reporting.
The services offered by Google Ad Manager that Google Ad Sense users cannot access are as follows:
- Google Ad Manager supports ad inventories in both the web world and mobile applications. Google Ad Sense, on the other hand, only works for the web.
- Google Ad Manager users can use other ad networks and have the best offer by bargaining for directly sold ads. Google Ad Sense users, on the other hand, cannot be autonomous in this way.
- Google Ad Manager users can compete with ad inventories in various networks such as Ad Sense and Ad Mob in order to maximize their income. However, Google Ad Sense does not work integrated in this way.
- Google Ad Manager users keep track of revenue tightly by utilizing consistent reporting services in all ad broadcasts. There is no such reporting service in Google Ad Sense.
When you examine the advertising platforms launched by Google, one more platform stands out and you are likely to be wondering whether this platform is more suitable for you: AdMob. So, what is AdMob and how does it work? Let’s discover:
AdMob is similar to other advertising platforms in basic logic. However, the main purpose of the platform is to appeal to mobile developers who want to grow their business through a mobile application. Ad Mob can be a specialized option for your ads to reach a large number of ad inventory owners around the world, and to market your ad inventory spaces on the mobile app with excellent revenues. AdMob actually contributes to sectoral development, as it provides developers with the necessary resources in their monetization processes.
- AdMob can be a good choice for those who want to best address the following needs:
- Using mobile application ad networks by keeping brand security at the maximum level – Avoiding risks such as fraud and fraud.
- Ability to easily track your work thanks to the Google Analytics integration in Firebase
- The option to manage your ad inventory more easily thanks to various tools such as Ad Network Optimization
- Smart segmentation options that allow you to proactively make various adjustments for your ads and target audience
- And of course, much more.
Test Your Website Issues
You can quickly analyze your site