Best SEO Techniques for E-Commerce Sites
The internet world is changing shopping habits very rapidly, especially. The opportunity to access products and services very easily enables individuals to buy faster. This is great, but there are so many e-commerce sites and marketplaces in the internet world that make sales in different categories, it is a taught job to be able to stand out from them and be in front of your customers earlier in the relevant product categories. Especially the leaders of the sector are determined not to lose their seats in this regard. That’s why we will look best SEO Techniques for E-commerce Sites today.
Nevertheless, it is still possible to have a rising e-commerce website chart and receive hundreds of orders from your site or store in the marketplace: with E-commerce SEO tips. Today, we will talk about SEO optimization studies that are frequently recommended for e-commerce sites. These studies can boost your virtual store by meeting the requirements of the new generation SEO world!
Try for free to boost your website traffic!
Technical SEO Always Matters: Site Structure Optimizations
If you have an e-commerce site, you may need to do some work to ensure that Googlebots does not skip a single page by browsing your site more easily, and to create a simpler sitemap for users. Remember, SEO is basically done for two things:
- Having a website that will enhance the user experience,
- Creating areas for Googlebot,s where they can see you do things that will improve the user experience (UX)
Site structure optimizations are mostly related to the latter.
So, what kind of SEO operations can we do regarding site structure? Let’s start examining now.
Here are some types that will rocket your e-commerce site:
HTTPS and Being Reliable
Remember that an e-commerce site has to be reliable first. Because people will share with you their addresses, payment methods, and other personal information. Both users and Google want to see HTTPS at the top of your site. Not seeing this means that the person’s site navigation is not protected. This may mean that user data is not prepared for external attacks due to security vulnerabilities. SSL security certificate is absolutely necessary for this.
Page Speed and Buying Behavior
Research has revealed something very clear about page speed and buying behavior: Approximately seventy percent of users prefer not to shop from sites that freeze in any way and give errors while loading.
So even if they continue to spend time on the site, they do not buy the product from this site. Because page speed makes it difficult
- to convince your potential customers to sell by reducing the user experience,
- it increases the bounce rate
- and makes you less prestigious by damaging your brand image.
All of these are not very good improvements for purchasing behavior either.
Mobile Responsive E-Commerce Sites
Not having mobile-compatible e-commerce sites could mean Google sacrificing you. Within the framework of its mobile-first indexing policy, Google started marking the mobile views, speed, and performance of the sites as their basic versions. This means that a website with poor mobile performance may have serious problems in the indexing and ranking process. When we say a mobile-compatible e-commerce site, all of the following should come to your mind:
- Theme to be mobile-friendly
- Buttons and purchase options are useful even for “ fat fingers ”
- High page speed and loading speed
According to current SEO research by Outerbox, mobile traffic accounts for half of the sales rates of e-commerce sites. Then you may not have any reason to value desktop performance more than mobile performance.
Making Sure That You Have No Duplicate Content
Explore best SEO Techniques for E-commerce Sites! One of the most common problems in on-page SEO for e-commerce sites is the duplicate content problem. Especially in the description parts of the products, in the text of the category, or in the products that are very similar to each other, sometimes the same contents can be preferred.
If e-commerce site owners directly use the product descriptions sent to them by their suppliers, they can have the same content as different sites. This status is flagged as spam by Googlebots. The fact that product descriptions and category descriptions are completely authentic will always be a plus for you. But if there are parts that have to have the same content, you can do one of the following:
- Modify the robot.txt file and block pages with duplicate content from indexing.
- Take advantage of canonical tags for pages that share similar content and point Googlebots the right way.
Avoid Too Many Pages
It is not always good to have a complex sitemap on your website and to do SEO work for different keywords on different pages. Web pages with low authority can also have a debilitating effect for your site. You can choose to completely remove web pages that do not receive a significant amount of traffic if they are dysfunctional. You can use 301 redirect to redirect some of these pages to more authoritative pages. This will help you get better results.
Use Breadcrumb Navigation and Get On-Page SEO Stronger
When you enter some e-commerce sites, do you come across an address that shows the page you are on in terms of its place in a larger map? This address usually looks like this:
Tops > Blouses > Crop tops
When you see this, you should realize that your site creates a very suitable area for navigation. These types of addresses help users and search engines better understand where they are. Moreover, users can go to their previous page and continue to explore options if they wish. Breadcrumb Navigation can be used as history-based, hierarchy-based, or attribute-based. All three can give you powerful results.
Edit URLs and Make them SEO-Friendly
It is very important to organize the URLs of the category, subcategory, and product pages in a certain structure in order to make it easier for Googlebots to navigate your site and to increase your chance of ranking in your indexing process. For example, if the user is searching for a product in the dress category, the URL he / she encounters should be as follows:
If you are browsing a product group in the subcategory of here, this time the URL may turn into the following:
Then, the URL structure that a user clicks on a product on this sub categery will encounter should be as follows:
Keyword Research for E-Commerce Sites
Product descriptions, blog pages, category pages, and much more e-commerce sites have to be rich in content. This is essential for Googlebots to understand what the web page in question is about and make it stand out. Remember, content optimization is a very important part of this job.
To address search queries, you need to target the right keywords in your SEO campaign. For this, you should decide on which queries you want your website to rank for. Then do a keyword search.
Hey, do not forget to use Screpy’s Keyword Tracker service to track your progress on the many keywords you have specified!
Finding the Right Keywords for Your E-Commerce Site
Things to consider when doing keyword research for e-commerce -as one of the best SEO Techniques for E-commerce Sites – are as follows:
- Remember that you should care about the user intent first. Does the user want to buy a product directly or is looking for a blog post about the product? Does the user want to find a specific product or want to review the product options in that category? When choosing among the keywords, you need to match the correct intents with what your site can offer.
- Find phrases that indicate the user is ready to purchase products and combine them with product names. For example, various words such as “for sale”, “cheap”, “buy”, “purchase” are important to you. However, the person who makes a product with the word “Free” may not be in your target audience.
- Don’t hesitate to use long-tail keywords. Although it is difficult to do this in product descriptions, long-tail keywords in category contents can cause you to address more specific user data with high conversion rates. Remember, search volume is important, but the difficulty is also an important factor in your keyword strategy for e-commerce sites. -And long-tail keywords are usually less difficult.
- It is possible to determine the keywords you choose by relying on your common sense. However, to know how many of these are searched, you can check from a keyword research tool or use sites that show the natural hierarchy of subjects such as Wikipedia.
- Intent, difficulty, search volume, and CPC of the keywords should always be important to you. This is great if the CPC is high. If the search volume is high, use these words too, but with a low budget, your competitive power will increase more slowly, remember this.
- Don’t forget to use the semantic and relevant keyword groups. For example, users will search for the word blouse as a top.
- Competition rates are important to you. One strategy may also be, starting with low-competition keywords, and then moving on to others.
- Examine your competitors’ rank in which keywords and follow their progress in this regard. The keywords they target can be a strong suggestion chain for you.
Off-Page SEO for E-Commerce Sites: Discover Link Earning and Link Building Options
Link building helps you create a strong authority area that is linked to each other within your site. Link earnings mean having websites other than yours that linking to your site. Here are a few different tips for link building and link earning process:
- You can get content-based links. For example, if you have an e-commerce site, create an infographic by doing research on the sales rates of the year. Later, those who create blog content on this subject will reference your site and link earning will be done. You can choose data, images, and researches that can be used by blog articles.
- Guest blogging is a second option. Imagine your brand is posting as a guest on another website that produces content in an industry related to you. A high-quality article will increase your brand prestige and will help you earn links.
- You must do a detailed link reclamation work. Find all your pages with 404 errors and assign them 301 redirect to get rid of them.
- Perform broken link building operation. Ensure broken links are directed to strong, authoritative pages, and increase the power of your site with high-quality content and high authority pages.
Test Your Website Issues
You can quickly analyze your site