Google Lighthouse offers you encoding images efficiently warning within the Opportunities Section and lists the images that need to be optimized for you. Here is an image of the warning in question:
How to pass the audit? – Ways to optimize images
Use the following methods to optimize images on your web page:
- Use Image CDN
- Use images with compression
- Convert GIFs on your page to video formats
- Optimize slow loading image files
- Take care to use mobile responsive images
- Use the correct dimensions for images
- Choose images in WebP format
You can also optimize the images on the web page by using GUI tools.
Test Your Website Performance!
You can quickly analyze your site in a minute